Saturday, July 30, 2011

Blog Challenge Day 1: I'm Baaaaaack

Dancing fool status at my wedding

So instead of giving you a long list of excuses as to why I haven't blogged for almost 8 months, I'm just going to dive right in.

I recently had a performance review at work and was told that it seemed like I had gotten into a rut. That couldn't be more true. Not just at work but honestly in all aspects of my life. Last year was very intense for me. From going full time at work, moving, oh and um planning my wedding and getting married! So after the initial "newlywed" phase coming down from all that, I think I've gotten a little stuck. I've been just kind of coasting through life. At first this was a good thing after last year. I had more time to relax and spend quality time with my husband which has been so great. Being a newlywed is really wonderful and we love marriage so much that we really couldn't be happier right now. But in terms of the "coasting through life," relaxation has turned into laziness and complacency. Womp, womp. So after my reality check at work, the person giving my review challenged me to really step it up, so I am going to take her challenge into other areas of my life as well because God knows I need to.

First up is the blog. So I was going to do a 30 day blog challenge. As in, write a blog post everyday for 30 days. But then realized I really want to have this done before I start graduate classes in August. I want to be able to give the challenge my full attention but I want to make sure it doesn't interfere with school. So then I decided to do a 25 day challenge which would have started yesterday but of course I forgot. So, now in true Ellie fashion of never doing things the conventional way, its going to be a 24 day challenge, starting...now! I am going to do my absolute best to write and publish a post everyday until August 22nd. Yikes!

I have some ideas on post content but if anyone would like me to write about anything in particular or has any ideas on something to write about, please let me know. I'd love to actually get a following on this blog (I know it helps if I actually write posts) so I'd love to write material people will be interested in reading.

Thanks for reading.

BC1 -7/30

No comments:

Post a Comment