Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Blog Challenge Day 12: BDE I

Best Day Ever! Snip bits from our Wedding Day: Good Morning! Good Morning!
I can’t believe its been almost a year since the best day of my life. We’re celebrating our first anniversary on Sunday so this is the perfect time to start my newlywed series. Here’s the thing, get ready, I’m about to blow you’re mind. Because of the amount of material I have on this wonderful subject, I’ve created a series within a series. Bah-Boom (that was your mind being blown) I know it’s a lot to handle but you’ll thank me later. I am naming the series within the newlywed series “Best Day Ever! Snip bits from our Wedding Day.” And this is the first installment aptly named “Good Morning! Good Morning!” And make sure you’re singing that like the song in “Singin’ in the Rain.”  And since the title of the the series within a series was getting entirely too long, I figured I'd spare you a ridiculously long link and include it in the body of the post.  You're Welcome :)

I know everyone says it but my wedding day was definitely the best day of my life. Hands down. Even though it has only been a year, the day has become somewhat of a blur of memories and emotion. Just like everyone also says, it goes by so quickly especially if you don’t take those moments to “take it all in.” I do have wonderful fragments of the day in my mind and paired with my amazing photos by Lindsay Vigue , they make the most beautiful memories. Wedding planning is honestly very stressful and something that I never want to do again for myself. So when we were in the homestretch in the days of planning, I was truly ready for it to be over and be sitting on the beach in Mexico. However, when the day finally came, all the stress melted away (thanks to our wonderful family and friends who took such good care of us) and we were really able to enjoy celebrating our marriage.

The day began in the best way: with laughter from my closest girlfriends and me. I remember hearing one of my bridesmaids getting up from her bed in our hotel room, immediately walking into something and then shouting in pain which gave us all the giggles right away. Luckily she was unhurt and we all stayed in bed a little while longer gabbing and giggling the way girlfriends do.
The lighthearted atmosphere continued on as my best friend handed me the veils she donned at her own wedding and I skipped down the street to the hair salon waving them in the wind. I feel so blessed to have a friend who will let me get married wearing something she wore on her special day. What a wonderful “something borrowed” and something that strengthens our best friend bond even more.
As my nerves were starting get the best of me a bit at the hair salon, my other best friend busted in the salon full of positive energy (as usual) with bagels and mimosas in tow. Perfect timing. She is always late but always comes at just the right time.
After hundreds (literally) of bobby pins and pounds of hairspray, I was lucky enough to be able to spend some quieter time with my mom while her hair and my make up were attended to. Looking back, I’m so thankful for this extra time in a ridiculously tightly scheduled day. Because upon my return to the hotel, all the craziness the comes with getting six women ready for a wedding had begun.
Stay tuned for the next installment of Best Day Ever!

Thanks for reading.

BC12-8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment