Saturday, August 13, 2011

Blog Challenge Day 14: BDE II

Playing catch up today.  I was having a lot of trouble with blogger yesterday so after finally getting the day 13 post published, I was definitely done with the program. 

Best Day Ever! Snip bits of our Wedding Day: Get me to the Church on Time!

In the first post of this series within a series, I left you when I was just returning to the hotel after some quiet time with my mom.  As soon as I arrived, I knew quiet time was over because the craziness of getting 6 women ready for a wedding had begun.  You know the scene in "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" when Nia Vardalos' character gets up the morning of her wedding to find her ENTIRE family in her house and when they see her, they all start screaming and she is engulfed in a sea of blue tulle, make up and hairspray?  This is essentially what happened when I walked into the room (minus the sea of blue tulle.)  Mind you, I had our photographer, Lindsay Vigue with me.  Luckily she fit right into my group of girls and disappeared into the background taking photos and enjoying our silliness as we got ready.  Although my make up and hair was already done, all my girls were helping each other and getting themselves dolled up.
I spent this time stuffing my face with any food I could find (as we had planned to order lunch but completely forgot), adding even more bobby pins to my hair and giggling with my girls.  Before I knew it however, it was time for the big moment.  It was time to (hopefully) get me into THE dress.  While I had been gone, my dress had been hung above one of the beds and had become a picturesque background for everything that was going on below.

I think it is always a bride's worry that somehow that all important, special dress won't fit when the time comes.  Even though I went to multiple fittings and knew that my body hadn't changed since the last one, I still held my breath and said a little prayer as the girls zipped it up.  Luckily it fit perfectly and just as comfortably as it had before. 
Once the dress was on, the reality of the situation truly began to sink in.  I knew that once I stepped into the limo, the wedding I'd been planning for a year and a half and had been looking forward to for almost a decade would actually be beginning.  It's a strange feeling, knowing you are about to experience the culmination of something you've put endless amounts of time and effort into.  However I didn't have too much time to reflect on that because our limo had arrived!  Ready or not, it was time to get married!
The nice part about staying a little bit away from the church was that although we had had a marathon afternoon of getting ready, the ride to the church was a nice breather.  I felt so blessed to get to spend that time just before walking down the aisle with my bridal party.  Of course all jitters were put aside with jokes and giggles.  The sense of humor each of my girls is one of the many reasons I chose them to be apart of my bridal party and of my life.  Planning a wedding and then following through on all the plans is stressful. Having women by my side who not only helped me in every way they could but also kept me from feeling any stress to make sure I was able to really enjoy my special day was incredible.  I could never thank each of them enough for their priceless friendship.
Stay tuned for the next installment of Best Day Ever!
Thanks for reading.

BC14-8/12

No comments:

Post a Comment