Saturday, August 20, 2011

Blog Challenge Day 22: BDE III

Best Day Ever! Snip Bits from our Wedding day: The Ceremony

The last post of Best Day Ever! left you with my bridal party and I enjoying our limo ride to the church.  As we pulled into the parking lot, I could barely believe that we were there and that this was really it.  Honestly the ceremony is such a blur of emotions to me.  I don't really remember it specifically but I do vividly remember the feelings, emotions and senses I felt during it.  I got out of the limo onto my red carpet and heard the excited voices of my two sorority sisters who were still outside the church handing programs to the last few stranglers to arrive.
 I will never forget the looks on their faces when we walked past them to enter the church by the side entrance as to not be seen.  They were filled with joy and excitement being the first ones to see my in my dress and be there for my special day.  And then of course one of them whipped out her camera :)  Upon entering the church, the reality of the situation really hit me.  Everyone was there ready to begin.  I saw some of my family for the first time that day and was feeling very excited but getting nervous for the actual ceremony.
I was never nervous about getting married but the thought of being in front of all the most special people in my life saying my vows did give me some butterflies in my stomach.  After of few minutes of sorting out flowers and getting my grandmother into her seat, it was time for us to line up.  Of course being at the back I smiled at each of my girls as she began he walk down the aisle.  For a moment I felt like I might cry but was able to compose myself.  Our usher and a mutual friend of one of my bridesmaids shut the doors and waited for the cue.  "Here comes the bride."  After a moment of confusion of which chorus I was actually going to start walking on, they looked at me, asked, "ready?" to which I took a deep breath, smiled and nodded.  They both smiled back, opened the doors and I was instantly flooded with sights, sounds and smells which had before been muted behind the white double doors.  I remember it feeling warm and inviting,  I remembe smelling the burning candles and seeing all the beautiful gold light they had created.  I remember seeing all the people standing, watching me as I emerged from the foyer which had apparently become flooded with the afternoon sun behind me when the doors had been opened.
After a moment, I began to walk (far too quickly, I think) down the aisle.  I don't really remember the walk too well as I was concentrating on 1) smiling 2) trying not to run down the aisle and 3) not tripping and falling.  Once I made it to the end, I saw my husband looking extremely calm and happy which made me feel instantly relaxed and ready to get married!

As we exchanged our vows I remember having the most intense feeling of happiness I think I have ever felt.  Our pastor was so wonderful and brought so much joy to the ceremony which really translated what I was feeling.  I remember feeling so overwhelmed as I was making those sacred promises to my husband that I nearly began to cry because I couldn't believe I was finally saying those words.  I remember squeezing my husband's hands so tightly and nearly jumping up and down when the pastor finally announced that we were married! Waiting through a prayer for our special first kiss was so difficult for me.  But it was worth everything.  And then that wonderful moment after the kiss when we held hands to tightly, smiled at the pastor, smiled at each other, smiled for the camera and finally to all our family and friends as were announced as husband and wife.
 It is honestly so hard for me to convey into words how it felt.  As we walking back through the tears, smiles and applause of our family and friends, I remember thinking I couldn't believe it was over so quickly.  So many years of waiting, so many hours of planning and just like that we were married and I was overwhelmed with joy.

Stay tuned for the next installment of Best Day Ever!

Thanks for reading.

BC22-8/20

No comments:

Post a Comment