Thursday, August 18, 2011

Blog Challenge Day 20: Weekend!

Its the freakin' weekend baby I'm about to have me some fun!

Its my weekend anyway.  For those of us who work at Disney, we all have our own "weekend."  Being a seven day a week company makes it highly unlikely that I could ever get an actual weekend off.  As a full timer, I'm entitled to my own weekend which currently is Friday/Saturday.  Hubs is the same so we're fortunate enough to get our weekends off together. 

It always seems like the work week drags on and the weekends fly by.  I feel like this is true for most people.  I also seem to have trouble allocating my "free" or weekend time.  I feel like what I want to do in my non-work time falls into three categories.  1. Chores 2. Relaxing 3. Going out and doing things.  No matter how much I go into a weekend with the intent of doing a satisfactory amount of all three, it rarely happens that way.  As much as part of relaxing is not having every moment planned out like during my work days, I feel that if I don't plan out my weekends, I don't feel satisfied at the end.  Its not that I haven't enjoyed the weekend.  Often its that, I've spent too much time on one activity.  Too much relaxing and not enough chores.  Too much going out and doing things and not enough relaxing.  So I guess the best way for me to do this is tentatively plan it out.  But to remember if I don't stick exactly to my plan, that that is okay and that whats important is that I'm enjoying my time away from work.

Enjoy your weekend too...during whatever part of the week you have free time.

Thanks for reading.

BC20-8/18

No comments:

Post a Comment